You are here
Webinar: What to do until the fibre arrives – profitable backhaul strategies for today’s market
Find out how operators gain through a hybrid backhaul strategy of high-capacity wireless multipoint and fibre to deliver a superior financial return on investment and satisfy data hungry customers.
Date: 16 May 15.00 (BST)
Fibre is technically the best backhaul technology for mobile networks - yet transition is complex, time-consuming and extremely expensive. The densification of mobile networks with smaller cells is even making some operators rethink their fibre backhaul strategy altogether.
Building a wireless/fibre hybrid backhaul solution can cost-effectively pursue a long-term fibre commitment while still meeting immediate backhaul needs.
Join Monica Paolini, Founder and President Senza Fili and Lance Hiley, VP Marketing at CBNL to find out:
- How cashflow compares across fibre, leased fibre and wireless backhaul over a ten year period
- The CAPEX and OPEX savings operators can make by deploying wireless initially and gradually deploying to fibre
- How developed and emerging market costs compare
What are some of the strategies that operators are considering for hybrid networks.
This cost analysis is vital for operators that:
- Operate in emerging and developed markets, with different fibre costs and availability
- Plan to build their own fibre network, or to lease fibre links as a medium to long term backhaul strategy
- Require higher-capacity backhaul, or plan to expand their network to new macro cell sites or small cells.