You are here
CBNL launch new wireless solution in response to US market demand
- CBNL double capacity of its FCC carrier-grade wireless platform in response to US market demand for highly-efficient last-mile backhaul, small cell and enterprise access
CCA Global Expo, Atlanta, USA: CBNL, the global leader in licensed point-to-multipoint (PMP), has today launched the latest FCC carrier-grade variant to its market-leading VectaStar platform, increasing hub capacity to 14.4Gb/s and maximum range to 12 miles – an improvement of up to 50 percent.
The new FCC VectaStar 600 product has been developed in response to exceptionally strong market demand for the platform in the US.
Following VectaStar’s initial launch in the US in 2014, it has been deployed by major service providers across multiple states and geographies in the country for cost-effective last-mile backhaul and enterprise access applications.
The new platform also benefits from an increase in frequency variants, with product lines available in in both LMDS 28GHz A1 and A1/A2 bands.
By increasing frequency support, the number of locations in which service providers can profit from VectaStar’s leading business case has been vastly increased.
Service providers have further benefited through CBNL’s close collaboration with major nationwide spectrum holders.
This has enabled the streamlined acquisition of spectrum across key territories in the US, helping customers quickly generate profits on their investment.
VectaStar’s advanced platform saves valuable spectrum, equipment and costs through aggregating traffic from multiple sites.
It intelligently allocates macro backhaul, small cell backhaul or enterprise access capacity where it is needed most and offers a leading business case over alternative wired and wireless technologies.
Benefits of VectaStar include:
- High capacity: 600Mb/s per link and up to 14.4Gb/s per tower/hub site
- Range: Up to 12 miles
- Carrier-grade: Guaranteed carrier-grade services
- Fast time to market: Simple and quick deployment compared to fiber or point-to-point wireless
- Cost effective: Saves up to 50 percent total cost of ownership compared to fiber and point-to-point
- Spectrum: FCC 28GHz platform works in the A1 and A1 / A2 bands
- Proven deployment: Deployed in over 40 countries, including for seven of the world’s largest top ten mobile operators.
Mark Ashford, VP North America at CBNL, said:
“As the market leader in licensed PMP microwave, we’re delighted to announce the latest addition to our FCC portfolio and build on the phenomenal success the platform has already achieved in the US.
"Through increasing capacity and widening frequency support, we look forward to supporting more customers with the carrier-grade networks their businesses demand.
"We’ve seen first-hand how the latest licensed point-to-multipoint can open up vast opportunities for service providers through its highly profitable business case and rapid time to market – it’s the perfect balance for their needs.”
CBNL will be speaking (Expo 2, 09.15 on the 25 March) and exhibiting (booth 74) at the CCA Global Expo, Atlanta on the 25-27 March.