You are here
Small cell backhaul: the big picture
CBNL’s latest white paper ‘Small cell backhaul: the big picture’ takes stock of industry progress and provides our insight into what’s really driving small cell adoption, the backhaul requirements and the best practices that are being developed as networks roll out.
A fundamental analysis of backhaul total cost of ownership (TCO) is also published which shows clearly why point-to-multipoint topologies reduce costs by up to 45% compared to point-to-point, proving operators don’t need to compromise quality of service to achieve a low cost per bit.
The paper also backs up the Small Cell Forum’s message from earlier this year that ‘Backhaul is not a barrier’ through a comprehensive analysis of the wider toolbox of backhaul solutions available on the market today and the scenarios to which they’re best suited.
Table of contents
- Executive summary
- Market progress in small cells and backhaul
- What’s driving small cell deployment?
- Styles of small cell deployment
- Small cell backhaul requirements from the NGMN
- The Small Cell Forum’s backhaul solution toolbox
- Selecting from the backhaul toolbox
- Fundamental analysis of backhaul total cost of ownership
- Our vision for small cell backhaul