Provides an overview of VectaStar and the VectaStar Network Management System tools (VNMS).
Students will learn how to implement network designs using VectaStar components, locate and resolve common faults and work with the CBNL support team to identify more complex issues.
Who should attend?
Personnel involved in commissioning and operating the VectaStar system who will need to complete basic fault finding and service configuration.
What will I learn?
- Overview of VectaStar and the physical components
- Commissioning an RC-based Hub site
- Commissioning and aligning RTs
- Provisioning services
- Selecting and configuring QoS parameters
- Backup and recovery of configuration information
- Understanding basic radio aspects of VectaStar
- Simple fault finding
- Reviewing alarms
- Collecting log files
- Generating information for support calls
- RMA process.
Participants are expected to have knowledge of transmission and telecommunication systems, their basic functionality and an understanding of IP and TDM Networks.
Experience with VectaStar installation would be an advantage.
Certificate is awarded on successful completion of the course with a final exam.
Qualification remains valid for three years.
All equipment provided by the training lab.