Provides an overview and introduction of VectaStar Gigabit and the VectaStar Network Management System tools (VNMS).
At the end of the course students will be able to implement network designs using the VectaStar components, locate and resolve common faults and work with the CBNL support team to identify more complex issues.
Who should attend?
Personnel involved in commissioning and operating the VectaStar system who will also need to complete basic fault finding and service configuration.
What will I learn?
- Overview of VectaStar Gigabit and the physical components
- Commissioning a Zero Footprint Sector (ZFS)
- Commissioning and aligning RTs
- Provisioning services
- Selecting and configuring QoS parameters
- Backup and recovery of configuration information
- Understanding basic radio aspects of VectaStar
- Simple fault finding
- Reviewing alarms
- Collecting log files
- Generating information for support calls
- RMA process.
Participants are expected to have good knowledge of transmission and telecommunication systems, their basic functionality along with an understanding of IP networks.
Previous experience of VectaStar products would be an advantage.
Certificate is awarded on successful completion of the course with a final exam.
Qualification remains valid for three years.
All equipment provided by the training lab.