By the end of the course students will be skilled in using the VNMS and understand how to proactively and reactively manage a VectaStar network.
With a focus on making the VNMS work for the operator, the course provides the opportunity to practice varied processes and troubleshooting techniques.
The course is run in a captive environment with practical exercises to increase confidence without the risk of causing outages.
Who should attend?
Personnel working with the VNMS in a VectaStar NOC.
What will I learn?
- Overview of VectaStar networks, hardware, radio and services
- Proactive and reactive processes in network management
- Commissioning a VectaStar Network
- VNMS and VectaStar software
- Network events and trends
- Making and restoring VectaStar Hub site backups
- Information correlation
- Performance metrics
- Configuration and change management
- Best working practices.
Experience of working in an NOC environment, overseeing microwave transmission networks. Knowledge of basic radio and networking principles.
During the course the trainer will conduct continual assessment.
Certificate is awarded on successful completion of the course exercises and a final exam.
Qualification remains valid for 3 years.
For courses at customer premises, CBNL will provide a detailed list of the required equipment when the booking is made.
This course will require access to a captive VectaStar network.